MR. JACKSON ROBERT
Bryan Nicholas is Partner of Allen Mackenzie Vietnam. He joined Allen Mackenzie Global in 2014 and was transferred to work in Hanoi in 2018. He has contributed greatly to the law firm’s market expansion strategy in Southeast Asia.
Bryan Nicholas is a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Capital Markets recognized by many international legal journals, such as “Whose lawyer is in the capital market?”, IFLR1000, 500 legal, Chambers & Partners and AsiaLaw. Colleagues agree that Bryan Nicholas is good at taking on financial work, and is also a good dealer with capital markets.
Bryan Nicholas specializes in property finance, foreign direct investment, capital markets and banking, M&A and project finance.
Bryan Nicholas has implemented many projects and brought great benefits to many customers such as Tien Phuoc & 990, Mitsubishi Corporation, Temasek, Prudential Group, Tiki, Vietcombank, BIDV, BTMU, Deutsche Bank, Barclays, Vingroup, Vinamilk, Warburg Pincus.
Mr. Jackson Robert is an arbitrator of the Singapore International Commercial Arbitration Center (SIAC).
D., Duke University School of Law
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington DC (US), LLM in Business and Economic Law
- Capital Markets
- M&A, Private Equity, and Corporate
- Banking and Finance
- Acting as representative and adviser in favor of a Japanese invested company (in field of automobile manufacture) in protesting against the decision on import tax imposition by Government of Vietnam
- Acting as representative and adviser in favor of a Japanese invested company (in field of cement manufacturing) in protesting against the decision on import and VAT taxes imposition by Government of Vietnam
- Acting as representative and adviser in favor of a Japanese invested company (in field of machine components manufacture) in protesting against the decision on import tax imposition by Government of Vietnam
- Acting as legal representative and adviser in favor of a Korean invested company (in field of electronic components manufacturing) in protesting against the decision on import and VAT taxes imposition by customs authority of Vietnam
- Advising various Korean invested companies and other companies in Vietnam on tax legal matters, including import duty, VAT, CIT, foreign contractor tax, etc.
- Representing Vietnam Airlines Corporation as borrower counsel on a US Eximbank financing of four Boeing 777 aircraft, the first US Eximbank financing in Vietnam;
- Representing Vietnam Airlines Corporation as borrower counsel on an ECGD-COFACE-HERMES-guaranteed financing of ten Airbus 321-231 aircraft, the first combined European ECA guaranteed-financing in Vietnam;
- Representing Vietnam Airlines Corporation as borrower counsel on an ECGD-COFACE-HERMES-guaranteed financing of six ATR-72 500 aircraft;
- Representing Ha Tien 1 Cement Corporation as borrower counsel on a HERMES-buyer-credit financing for the development of Binh Phuoc Cement Plant, one of the biggest cement plants in Vietnam;
- Representing PVGas as borrower counsel on the US$133 million financing by a syndicate of onshore and offshore lenders led by the Standard Chartered Bank;
- Representing Vietcombank, BIDV and Vietinbank as lender counsel on various syndicated and single financings, in particular for power, cement and other infrastructure projects in Vietnam;.
- Representing the International Finance Corporation as lender counsel on various financings in Vietnam; and
- Representing Standard Chartered Bank and a syndicate of onshore and offshore lenders on the US$90 million financing in favor of Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
- Representing joint lead managers Barclays, Citigroup and Deutsche Bank on the US$1 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S sovereign bonds of Vietnam;
- Representing Credit Suisse as underwriter counsel in the Vingroup’s US$185 million and US$200 million bond issuances in 2012 and 2013, respectively;
- Representing Credit Suisse as underwriter counsel in the Vincom’s US$100 million convertible bond issuance in 2009;
- Representing HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank as underwriter counsel in the VND2,400 billion bond issuance for Techcombank;
- Representing Techcombank as issuer counsel in the VND3,000 billion convertible tier 2 capital bond issuance;
- Representing Indochina Vietnam Capital Holdings on the formation of a US$500 million Vietnam focused international equity fund listed on the London Stock Exchange (main board); and
- Representing Vinamilk as issuer counsel in the proposed offshore offering and listing of its shares on the SGX-ST.
- Acting as Vietnamese counsel to Warburg Pincus in the strategic partnership with Vingroup Joint Stock Company to substantially build out Vingroup’s retail property business (“Vincom Retail”). Comprised of seven assets valued at approximately US$1.1 billion, Vincom Retail is Vietnam’s largest owner and operator of shopping malls, which include world class shopping, recreational and dining facilities.
- Acting as Vietnamese counsel to the founding shareholders of Prime Group Joint Stock Co, one of the biggest ceramic producers and traders in Vietnam, with about 20 subsidiaries throughout the country, in the sale of 85% of its equity capital to Siam Cement Group;
- Acting as counsel to Marico Ltd, one of the leading Indian consumer goods and beauty-care services companies, on its acquisition of 85% stake in International Consumer Products Corporation (ICP), one of the fastest growing fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies in Vietnam;
- Representing Dream Incubator in its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam such as Nutifood, Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument JSC, Kyoto Medical Science JSC and some other pharmaceutical distribution companies;
- Representing Mekong Capital in various investments in Vietnamese companies such as Mobile World, Digiworld, Venture International (Vietnam) JSC, MK Smart, etc.; and
- Representing Masan Group Corporation as seller on a number of sales of stakes in its subsidiaries to BankInvest, Mekong Capital and House Food.
- Aircraft Leasing
- Representing SkyWest Inc. in subleasing of four Bombardier Regional Jet Model CRJ-900 aircraft to Air Mekong;
- Representing AerCap on the lease of an Airbus A320-200 aircraft and a Boeing B737-400 aircraft to Jetstar Pacific Airlines;