Deputy General Director of AMF Vietnam
Managing Director Ho Chi Minh Office
Mr. Thai is vice general manager of Allen Mackenzie in Vietnam market and an executive director at the Ho Chi Minh office.
With more than twenty years of legal experience, Mr. Tuan has been a member of AFM since 2008. Mr. Tuan’s main areas of activity include banking, property finance, project finance and energy. , real estate finance, capital markets, and M&A deals ..
As a key member of AMF’s M&A team, Mr. Tuan has actively supported foreign parties such as Aerospace Enterprise, Gecas, Wings Capital Markets, Ping An Leasing, Avolon, Awas, Macquare.
Mr. Thai is an arbitrator of the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre.
Hanoi Law University 1998
University of West of England (UK), LL.M., 2010
- M & A
- Financial and bank
- Real estate
- Representing a commercial bank in a facility transaction funding US$52,000,000 for a residential and hotel project in Nha Trang City of Vietnam.
- Representing a commercial bank in a facility transaction funding US$39,000,000 for a residential and hotel project in Da Nang City of Vietnam
- Representing a commercial bank in a facility transaction funding US$18,000,000 for a BT (Build Transfer) bridge project in Ho Chi Minh City of Vietnam
- Representing an airline corporation in a finance lease transaction with offshore credit institutions funding for purchase of eight (8) aircrafts
- Advising Vietnam branch of a Japanese bank in an escrow transaction relating to a joint venture cooperation worth more than US$100 millions
- Strategic advice, documentation, negotiation assistance and application for investment license for hydro power plant of over US$60 million in North of Vietnam, and advising for post-licensing works of the project
- Advice for a French oil and gas corporation in relation to a potential acquisition of interest in a gas exploitation project in Indochina sea area
- Advice, documentation, DD and negotiation assistance in favor of VinaCapital in a variety of M&A transactions in infrastructure sector in Vietnam
- Advised Vietnam Airlines Corporation on the ECGD-COFACE-HERMES-guaranteed financing of 10 Airbus 321-231 aircraft, which was the second combined European ECA guaranteed-financing in Vietnam;
- Advised Vietnam Airlines Corporation on the COFACE-SACE-guaranteed financing of 6 ATR 72-500 aircraft, which probably was the third combined European ECA guaranteed-financing in Vietnam;
- Advised Bank of Foreign Trade of Vietnam and a syndicate of Vietnamese banks on a US$255 million financing of Dong Nai 3 and Dong Nai 4 Power Plants; and
- Advised the Industrial and Commercial Bank of Vietnam (currently known as Vietinbank) and a syndicate of Vietnamese banks on a US$212 million financing of Bim Son New Cement Plants.
- Advised Techcom Securities Company Limited in its capacity as underwriter/advisor/arranger for various VND-denominated corporate and municipal bond issues at the aggregate principal amount of more than US$2 billion during the period from 2014 through 2016.