D., Duke University School of Law, Cum Laude
Duke Law Journal, Note Editor
B.A., Brandeis University, Magna Cum Laude
Merger and acquisition
Real estate and construction
Bank and finance
Investment in Vietnam
Lawyer Jackson Robert is Partner of Alegal Law Firm in Vietnam. He joined Alegal in 2010. He contributed to the law firm’s market expansion strategy in Southeast Asia.
Attorney Jackson Robert is an expert in mergers and acquisitions, corporate healthcare, project finance and representation, dispute resolution and mediation.
Jackson Robert is rated by clients as a problem solver, crisis mitigation specialist and as a practical, commercial-oriented advisor, with the ability to add real value to the company, the ability to assist clients to develop and maintain successful long-term commercial partnerships in Vietnam.
Jackson Robert has implemented many projects and brought great benefits to many clients such as PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC), Morgan Stanley, Oman Investment Fund, Euvipharm JSC, Friendster.com, Keppel Land, Tan Dong Hiep B Industrial Zones. , Big C and C-Express, Pharmacity.
- Acting as an advantageous representative and consultant for Singapore and Thailand companies operating in the hotel sector in negotiation and arbitration (VIAC) in disputes with Vietnamese investors related to management agreements. hotels and resorts in Vietnam.
- Acting as a representative and advising a Korean-invested company to oppose the licensing authority (Ho Chi Minh People’s Committee) in issuing an Investment Certificate regarding the term of the investment project private.
- Acting as a representative and consultant for a French retail group in negotiation and arbitration in a dispute with a Vietnamese real estate developer related to a land lease contract and infrastructure supermarket business.
- Acting as a representative and consultant in favor of a joint venture (operating in the food manufacturing sector) in negotiating and conducting a court dispute over debt claims and damages
- Legal advice is beneficial to a local real estate developer in negotiating a dispute settlement with a German contractor regarding a residential and commercial real estate project in Vietnam.
- Acting as a legal advisor benefits an Israeli investment firm in resolving a dispute in court from an advertising agreement involving a time-sharing vacation project.
- Working as a legal advisor for a large Taiwan / Indonesian cement company (investing in Vietnam) in resolving labor disputes in Vietnamese courts related to labor contracts.
- Advising the Association of Seafood Producers and Exporters of Vietnam on US anti-dumping procedures to impose anti-dumping duty on import of catfish fillets from Vietnam.
- Representing a US oil and gas company in a trade dispute arising out of a distribution contract with a Vietnamese company.
- Advise the Asian Development Bank, ANZ Bank, Lyonnais Credit, Fortis Bank and Malaysia Import-Export Bank Berhad on financing the Thu Duc Water Treatment Plant.
- Worked for a large Korean construction company in ICC arbitration case against Vietnamese state-owned employer. Dispute arose from the variant works being carried out on a highway project in North Vietnam.
- Working for a Taiwanese investor against the Quang Ninh Provincial People’s Committee in a VIAC arbitration arose from a Construction project in which the People’s Committee unilaterally terminated the contract, declaring the event impossible resistance due to a government resolution.