Vietnam Judicial Academy
Ho Chi Minh University of law
Settling disputes and participating in legal proceedings
Labour and employment
Ngo Lan Ngoc is a lawyer of Alegal Law Firm.
Lan Ngoc regularly advises foreign investors on commercial and investment activities in Vietnam, from pre-licensing to post-licensing. Very active in M&A matters, she advises leading financial institutions on stake purchases in banks and insurance companies.
Lan Ngoc is also an expert in tax and trade matters, advising international trade practice groups of leading international law firms on new developments in Vietnamese trade regulation, import and export duties and laws related to customs, export control and other trade related matters.
- Advising a foreign owner / operator of a 5-star hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, charged with tax evasion and in connection with complex disputes with BCC partners and local tax authorities, and The investigation is canceled and the BCC turns into a joint venture.
- Advised New Zealand International College on the settlement of a dispute with its partner in the JVC regarding the investment, establishment of an international school in Vietnam worth 7 million dollars.
- Representing a major shareholder of Vung Tau Cable Car Travel Joint Stock Company (VCCT), a company that operates a large $ 5 million cable car project, in a shareholder dispute dispute.
- Representing a large foreign fund in Vietnam in arbitration proceedings at VIAC regarding an investment worth tens of millions of dollars from a share registration agreement with a local joint stock company.
- Representing Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) Ltd in credit debt collection cases for borrowers, units with foreign investment, at the Hanoi Court worth 2.5 million USD.
- Representing VIB Bank in a series of credit recovery cases against individual creditors as well as corporate creditors in courts in Ho Chi Minh City and Ba Ria Vung Tau province worth about one million USD.