Ha Noi University of law (2002)
Deakin University (Aus), LL.M, 2008
Merger and acquisition
Real estate and construction
Finance and bank
Investment in Vietnam
Mr. Luc is partner of Alegal lawfirm. He joined Alegal in 2009 and has made great contributions. He has a diversified field of activities and spends a lot of time on big deals in the North of Vietnam.
Mr. Luc is a qualified and experienced Vietnamese attorney in investment, cross-border M&A, corporate, finance, infrastructure, capital markets, employment, anti-trust and tax. Mr. Luc has also been involved in various industries including consumer goods, food and beverages, energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, real estate, healthcare and water services.
- Advising commercial banks on security arrangements for real estate projects in Ho Chi Minh City, and restructuring of collateral for customers’ loans.
- Legal advice and opinions on Vietnamese laws relating to subsidiaries of a Japanese financial group in M&A transactions to purchase shares of a financial institution in Singapore.
- Representing a commercial bank in a number of grassroots deals funding more than $ 10 million in residential, cable and resort real estate projects in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Consulting, documents and negotiating support for Malaysian investors in M&A transactions to buy land and interested in complex projects including commercial centers, commercial housing and luxury offices in the Zone Thu Thiem finance.
- Advising on the possibility of obtaining an investment license and directly drafting and submitting an investment license application for a Japanese trading company that wants to join the retail school in Vietnam.
- Consulting, documents and licensing of company restructuring, capital transfer and relocation of projects in Vietnam in a way that benefits a Japanese manufacturing company.
- Consulting, documenting and licensing the opening of a chain of stores in Vietnam (many types of permits) is beneficial for a famous Singapore food supplier.
- Consulting, drafting and negotiating favorably for a large Vietnamese corporation regarding a design and management consulting agreement with a foreign contractor for the Motropolis Thu Thiem real estate project worth $ 25 million.
- Consulting, drafting and applying for a license to amend the Investment Certificate in the direction of covering the functions of an import-export and distribution enterprise in Vietnam for a trader from the United States.
- Consulting and negotiating hotel joint venture termination for the world’s leading Marriot Hotel Management Group.